Bellarine Community Health is dedicated to providing professional, responsive and client-centred NDIS services. Bellarine Community Health is ideally positioned to provide community based services with an in-depth knowledge of local services and supports.
We provide Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Nursing, Continence support, Podiatry, Nutrition and Dietetics, Counselling and family support. We also have numerous recreational group based activities and exercise programs.
Our children’s therapy services include Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech Pathology, Podiatry and paediatric Dietitian. Our professional Child Health & Development staff work in multidisciplinary teams.
Bellarine Community Health also offers Service Coordination for NDIS participants and their families.
A Support Coordinator can work creatively and resourcefully to ensure clients make the most of their support budgets from the NDIS.
This service includes assistance with implementing client plans, coordinating services, maximising value for money and assisting clients manage and control supports to achieve their goals.
Support Coordination enables NDIS participants to:
- Maximise the value you receive from your support
- Genuinely exercise choice and control
- Increase capacity to mange/direct your own supports
- Better coordinate multiple supports and services
- Increase capacity to use the NDIS participant portal myplace
To find out more about our NDIS Service Coordination contact us on 5258 0812 or email email@example.com
Our thoughtful Occupational Therapists support the development of social and practical skills in managing day to day activities that assist children to grow, think, learn and play. We aim to provide fun activities and build your child’s confidence in everything we offer. We see children with a range of concerns and their families in settings that best suits the family such as: home, school, preschool or the community. We will work with you and other professionals to develop a plan that meets the goals and priorities you identify for your child.
We can assist in areas that build skills in:
- Self care (dressing, eating, bathing, toileting, feeding, sleep routines)
- Fine motor and thinking (drawing, cutting, handwriting, concentration, attention to task)
- Play and social skills (taking turns, making friends, talking to others, sharing, reading and recognising emotion)
- Sensory regulation and ideas
- Behaviour management and building self esteem
Our experienced physiotherapist can work with your child and the family to assist them towards achieving their goals in their NDIS plan.
The emphasis is on getting the most out of participation within the child’s home and community environment.
Any form of motor delay, no matter what the cause or diagnosis, can be helped so that your child will reach their potential.
Thorough assessment, knowledge of equipment and an emphasis on integrating activity into the child’s daily routine will ensure that the help and support is worthwhile and manageable for the family.
We can help make the most of your child’s ability to enjoy and participate in the activities they want to.
Our experienced, welcoming speech pathologists are part of our child development team who see children of all ages.
Our speech pathologists aim to improve your child’s communication skills so they can reach their greatest potential in different settings and with different people.
We offer support in:
- Understanding and using language
- Speech (pronunciation)
- Social communication & social skills (e.g. making friends, social interactions)
- Fluency (stuttering)
- Literacy (reading and writing)
- Swallowing/eating or drinking (e.g. fussy eaters, limited food choices, difficulty eating)
We see children individually and in small groups, in community or home settings. We encourage growth by offering children fun activities that are centred on their individual interests and strengths. We work as a team with you, your family and other therapists to ensure that your concerns for your child’s development are addressed.
Counselling and family support
Nutrition and dietetics
We see children of all ages and their families. We work with you to; overcome eating behaviours, assist to understand children’s developmental readiness and share information on specific dietary nutrient needs.
Examples may include:
- Assist with children who have restricted variety due to food preferences or aversions
- Support families to establish a division of responsibility for feeding
- Instil confidence in parents by supporting them to understand normal eating and feeding behaviour
- Provide ideas for overcoming oral motor problems in children: physical difficulty with co-ordinating the lips, tongue or pharynx that may lead to oral control and swallowing of food and fluid
- Facilitate modelling and creating positive social settings for meals
- Work with families to correct nutritional imbalances that may result in constipation, slow growth, iron deficiency
- Create more variety for children with allergies and intolerances
Our friendly experienced support coordinators we work with you to make the right choices with your NDIS plan.
We understand that any new step in life, such as receiving an NDIS plan, can be a challenge.
So, our job is to listen to your needs, work out what is wanted immediately and what is important in the future.
We will continue to work with you to understand your NDIS plan with the aim that you can manage your plan independently when ready.
We will assist you to easily understand your NDIS plan and show you how to find therapists, respite/support workers and equipment.
We support you to contact professionals and equipment outlets and we can show you how to send your NDIS plan funds to support your goals in a way that best suits you.