Our Diabetes Education program supports people with diabetes, their family, friends or caregivers to learn about diabetes and its management.
A credential diabetes nurse educator will:
- Explain what diabetes is and how it affects the body
- Discuss how to monitor your blood
- Provide medication advice
- Explain how to stay well to prevent / minimise long term complications
- What to do is blood glucose levels become too high or too low
- The benefits of health eating and exercise
Bellarine Community Health provides holistic education for people living with our qualified clinicians including nurses, dietitians, podiatrists, and physiotherapists.
Our diabetes Educator is able to provide Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM)
CGM provides reduces the need for finger prick tests. This small wearable device monitors your glucose levels day and night. It will provide a detailed report, tracking when levels are too high or too low. It assists the diabetes educator to understand how best to assist you and provide high quality information to your doctor.
You can access this service through a Medicare Chronic Disease plan from you GP or as a community health client with an out of pocket expense for the sensor.