Bellarine Community Health Ltd (BCH) is the major provider of primary health services to the Bellarine Peninsula. BCH operates from five health centres in Drysdale (two sites), Ocean Grove, Point Lonsdale and Portarlington. BCH is a registered Community Health Service under the Health Services Act 1988 (Vic).
A number of key principles underpin the operations of Bellarine Community Health.
BCH offers the broad range of primary health services required by the local community which include:
- Bellarine Community Health is a pivotal and critical player in improving health of the Bellarine Communities
- Access and social equity are vital to improving personal and community health outcomes
- Community Engagement is paramount
- Bellarine Community Health respects the diversity and autonomy of professional practice
- Bellarine Community Health is committed to making positive contributions to primary health care
- Bellarine Community Health is committed to building effective communication, collaboration and partnerships between Primary Health Care and the wider health system in the delivery of quality health care to the communities of the Bellarine
- Allied Health – Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Podiatry, Nutrition and Dietetics
- Community nursing and support programs - Home Nursing, Palliative Care and Continence Clinic
- Child health and development - with specialised clinicians in Physiotherapy, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy and Nutrition/Dietetics
- Young people’s services - including a dedicated clinic and specialised health and support services for young people
- Public dental service
- Exercise groups and social programs
- Healthy Communities Program supporting local projects and activities to influence the causes of poor health
- A partnered general practice service in Point Lonsdale
Our health service receives most of its funding from the state and federal government, supplemented by client fees and grants and donations.
Bellarine Community Health acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land where we work, and pay respect to Elders, past and present.
Our Executive Team
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - Garry Ellis
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) - Kathy Russell
Executive Director Child, Youth & Families - Liz Womersley
Executive Director Primary Care & Aged Services - Julie Scheuber
Bellarine Community Health organisational chart (PDF)
Bellarine Community Health will be the leader in primary health services in Victoria.
Bellarine Community Health delivers a broad scope of health services & wellbeing programs for all people in our diverse communities
These five values and behaviours underpin our actions in order to achieve our strategic goals
A positive and inclusive environment