BCH GP Bellarine Community Health Ltd (BCH) is the major provider of primary health services to the Bellarine Peninsula. BCH operates from five health centres in Drysdale (two sites), Ocean Grove, Point Lonsdale and Portarlington. BCH is a registered Community Health Service under the Health Services Act 1988 (Vic)
A number of key principles underpin the operations of Bellarine Community Health.
This general practice is AGPAL accredited - what does this mean?
- Bellarine Community Health is a pivotal and critical player in improving health of the Bellarine Communities.
- Access and social equity are vital to improving personal and community health outcomes.
- Community Engagement is paramount.
- Bellarine Community Health respects the diversity and autonomy of professional practice.
- Bellarine Community Health is committed to making positive contributions to primary healthcare.
- Bellarine Community Health is committed to building effective communication, collaboration and partnerships between Primary Health Care and the wider health system in the delivery of quality healthcare to the communities of the Bellarine
Being accredited means that our general practice is committed to a comprehensive program which involves:
- Engaging our whole practice team to review our practice's systems and processes
- Opening our practice doors to allow a team of independent surveyors to assess how our practice operates
- Assessment of our practice, and achievement of the nationally recognised Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) Standards for general practice, that focus on health care quality and patient safety.
As a member of the community you may be surprised to learn that general practice accreditation is a voluntary process - which means not all practices undergo an independent on-site assessment on a regular basis.
Achievement of AGPAL accreditation reassures you that our doctors and practice team are committed to providing you with high quality healthcare in a safe environment.