headspace Ocean Grove - Mental Health Professional
Employer: Bellarine Community Health
Salary: as per applicable agreement including super and salary packaging
Deadline: 14th May 2021, 5:00 pm
About the Role
This new and exciting Mental Health Professional role will be based at headspace Ocean Grove.
The headspace Ocean Grove satellite will provide 3 of the 4 core streams of the headspace Centre Service Model including Mental Health, Physical and Sexual Health and Alcohol and other drugs support for young people 12-25 years.
headspace Ocean Grove is a satellite of the parent headspace centre, headspace Geelong.
Bellarine Community Health (BCH) is the major provider of primary health care services on the Bellarine Peninsula. BCH is a local, trusted and professional health service that delivers comprehensive community care for our diverse community.
This role is focused on the provision of mental health counselling and support for a case load of young people accessing headspace services. This includes the provision of evidence based counselling and psychosocial support and may include the provision of short-medium term interventions including group programs and centre based or outreach support.
In the role of mental health professional, you will work closely with a supportive multidisciplinary team to engage, assess, and provide support to young people and their family and friends
The key objectives of this role are:
- Delivery of evidence-based care to young people, including appropriate clinical services across the mental health spectrum
- Work collaboratively and effectively with the multidisciplinary team
- Provide thorough assessment, case formulation, service planning, service delivery, and episode of care reviews
- Manage an active case load and support client flow
- Support therapeutic groups programs development and delivery
- Provide satellite/site based and outreach support
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders involved in the provision of health, mental health and psychosocial services to young people
- Comply with the standards of a child safe organisation in both practice and culture
Part-time 30.4 hours per week.
(Job share may be considered including with AOD role available)
Provisional psychologists are encouraged to apply
Fixed term position to June 2023
Salary as per applicable agreement including super and salary packaging
To view the Position Description, please access via www.bch.org.au/work/careers
Would you love to…
Work on the beautiful Bellarine Peninsula?
Utilise your skills in a meaningful way and develop new skills?
Join a multi-disciplinary team working in an interesting role?
Make a positive contribution working in mental health?
This headspace Ocean Grove role could be your dream position and is an exciting opportunity for you to work with young people, alongside a great team and make a difference.
We are seeking applicants who meet the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Psychology, Nursing, Occupational Therapy or Social Work with additional qualification in counselling
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- 2 years’ experience in working with young people
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in delivering evidence based therapeutic intervention and counselling
- Solution focused and team approach
- Demonstrated demand management skills
- The ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
Applicants must address each of the above Key Selection Criteria and provide a current Résumé to be considered.
Applications to be submitted by email at [email protected]
Successful applicants will be required to provide a current Working with Children Check and undergo a National Police Check prior to commencement.
Applications close 14th May 2021 @ 5pm
For more information about the position please contact:
Tanya Fitzpatrick 52530400
Youth Health and Wellbeing Manager
Operations Lead - headspace Ocean Grove
headspace Ocean Grove Mental Health Professional PD