headspace Ocean Grove – Practice Lead
Employer: Bellarine Community Health
Salary: as per applicable agreement incl super + salary packaging
Deadline: 14th May 2021, 5:00 pm
About the Role
This new and exciting Practice Lead role will be based at headspace Ocean Grove.
The headspace Ocean Grove satellite will provide 3 of the 4 core streams of the headspace Centre Service Model including Mental Health, Physical and Sexual Health and Alcohol and other drugs support for young people 12-25 years.
headspace Ocean Grove is a satellite of the parent headspace centre, headspace Geelong.
Bellarine Community Health (BCH) is the major provider of primary health care services on the Bellarine Peninsula. BCH is a local, trusted and professional health service that delivers comprehensive community care for our diverse community.
The Practice Lead is a key leadership position within the satellite team and provides oversight to the coordination and delivery of clinical services. In partnership with the Operations Lead the Practice Lead is responsible for providing clinical leadership and direction to the team, ensuring that day-to-day clinical work is carried out in alignment to best practice principles and to effectively meet the needs of young people.
In partnership with the Operations Lead, the Practice Lead will facilitate the development of evidence-based and innovative clinical services, facilitate clinical and caseload reviews, and actively manage referrals and demand for clinical services.
When required or during high service demand, the Practice Lead may also contribute directly to casework responses.
The Practice Lead will work closely with the Clinical Lead of headspace Geelong, to ensure that practice development activities are aligned, and all headspace sites in the region achieve a cohesive model
The key objectives of this role are:
- Monitor the ongoing delivery and improvement of a high standard of evidence-based care to young people
- Provide clinical leadership, consultation and expertise
- Support implementation and review of clinical governance framework
- Facilitate regular clinical review meetings
- Identify clinic risk issues
- Support development of Annual Plans
- Ensure collection of relevant data to measure deliverables and support continuous improvement
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Work collaboratively and effectively with the multidisciplinary team
Part-time 15.2 hours per week
Fixed term position to June 2023
Salary as per applicable agreement including super and salary packaging
To view the Position Description, please access via www.bch.org.au/work/careers
Would you love to…
Work on the beautiful Bellarine Peninsula?
Utilise your skills in a meaningful way and develop new skills?
Join a multi-disciplinary team working in an interesting role?
Make a positive contribution working in mental health?
This headspace Ocean Grove role could be your dream position and is an exciting opportunity for you to work with young people, alongside a great team and make a difference.
We are seeking applicants who meet the following:
- Tertiary level qualifications in an allied health discipline including Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or Nursing with post-graduate qualifications in mental health
- Current full registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA) or current full membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Demonstrated experience and advanced level clinical skills in a range of mental health service settings
- Experience in complex clinical triage, assessment and referral
- Demonstrated experience the provision of clinical supervision
- Ability to relate to and work effectively with young people.
- High levels of professionalism
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
Applicants must address each of the above Key Selection Criteria and provide a current Résumé to be considered.
Applications to be submitted by email at [email protected]
Successful applicants will be required to provide a current Working with Children Check and undergo a National Police Check prior to commencement.
Applications close 14th May 2021 @5pm
For more information about the position please contact:
Tanya Fitzpatrick 52530400
Email: [email protected]
Youth Health and Wellbeing Manager
Operations Lead - headspace Ocean Grove
headspace Ocean Grove Practice Lead PD