headspace Ocean Grove – Youth Engagement Worker
Employer: Bellarine Community Health
Salary: as per applicable Agreement incl super + salary packaging
Deadline: 14th May 2021, 5:00 pm
About the Role
This new and exciting Youth Engagement Worker role will be based at headspace Ocean Grove.
The headspace Ocean Grove satellite will provide 3 of the 4 core streams of the headspace Centre Service Model including Mental Health, Physical and Sexual Health and Alcohol and other drugs support for young people 12-25 years.
headspace Ocean Grove is a satellite of the parent headspace centre, headspace Geelong.
Bellarine Community Health (BCH) is the major provider of primary health care services on the Bellarine Peninsula. BCH is a local, trusted and professional health service that delivers comprehensive community care for our diverse community.
As one of the first contact points for young people accessing services at the satellite the Youth Engagement Worker will need to build a rapport with a wide rand of young people as well as their family and friends.
This role works as part of a broader multidisciplinary team, providing skills in assessing a young person’s initial needs, including complex risk assessments with the ability to action a plan to mitigate any identified risk.
The key objectives of this role are:
- Relate to young people in a manner which is relevant and appropriate to their developmental and cognitive level of functioning and provide services in a youth friendly manner
- Conduct bio-psycho-social assessments of young people, presenting to the service
- Refer young people to internal and external services as appropriate and provide follow up support
- Provide brief interventions to a caseload of young people with mild to moderate mental health presentations
- Conduct risk assessments including assessment of suicide risk and violence risk, developing action plans to mitigate any risks, and providing follow up support and referral for treatment, consistent with clinical scope
- Participate in the access and intake system, answering phone calls and enquiries, screening and assessing needs, prioritising and making appropriate follow up appointments and referrals
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders involved in the provision of health, mental health and psychosocial services to young people
Part-time 30.4 hours per week
(Job share may be considered including with AOD role available)
Fixed term position to June 2023
Salary as per applicable agreement + super + salary packaging
To view the Position Description, please access via www.bch.org.au/work/careers
Would you love to…
Work on the beautiful Bellarine Peninsula?
Utilise your skills in a meaningful way and develop new skills?
Join a multi-disciplinary team working in an interesting role?
Make a positive contribution working in mental health?
This headspace Ocean Grove role could be your dream position and is an exciting opportunity for you to work with young people, alongside a great team and make a difference.
We are seeking applicants who meet the following:
- Tertiary level qualifications in mental health, behavioural/social sciences, community services, or a related discipline that provides a sound understanding and knowledge of assessing and working with young people at risk
- The ability and experience to undertake intake and screening activities, including comprehensive bio-psycho-social assessment
- The ability and experience to conduct risk assessments, including suicide and violence risks, and to develop action plans that mitigate these risks
- The ability and experience to be able to deliver brief therapeutic interventions, counselling services and treatment planning
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment, coordinating client care
- Experience in the youth and/or mental health sector
- Exception interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a diverse range of people
- Demonstrated demand management skills
- The ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
Applicants must address each of the above Key Selection Criteria outlined in the respective Position Description and provide a current Résumé to be considered.
Applications to be submitted by email at [email protected]
Successful applicants will be required to provide a current Working with Children Check and undergo a National Police Check prior to commencement.
Applications close 14th May 2021 @5pm
For more information about the position please contact:
Tanya Fitzpatrick 52530400
Youth Health and Wellbeing Manager
Operations Lead - headspace Ocean Grove
headspace Ocean Grove - Youth Engagement Worker PD