headspace Ocean Grove – Alcohol and other Drugs Clinician
Employer: Bellarine Community Health Ltd
Salary: as per applicable agreement + super + salary packaging
Deadline: 14th May 2021, 5:00 pm
About the Role
This new and exciting Alcohol and other Drugs Clinician role will be based at headspace Ocean Grove.
The headspace Ocean Grove satellite will provide 3 of the 4 core streams of the headspace Centre Service Model including Mental Health, Physical and Sexual Health and Alcohol and other drugs for young people 12-25 years.
headspace Ocean Grove is a satellite of the parent headspace centre, headspace Geelong.
Bellarine Community Health (BCH) is the major provider of primary health care services on the Bellarine Peninsula. BCH is a local, trusted and professional health service that delivers comprehensive community care for our diverse community.
The focus of this role is to provide Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) treatment, education and support to young people, presenting with substance use and co-morbidity through a recovery-based approach.
The key objectives of this role are:
- Relate to young people in a manner which is relevant and appropriate to their developmental and cognitive level of functioning and provide services in a youth friendly manner
- Conduct comprehensive assessment, risk management and treatment planning, delivery and evaluation related to AOD in collaboration with the young people and the multidisciplinary team to achieve health goals and outcomes
- To engage and provide education and support to young people and their families and friends, regarding the nature of AOD problems, relevant services available and how to access these
- To provide youth focused AOD counselling and outreach support, consistent with best practice described by headspace National and others
- To provide AOD services to young people as part of an integrated youth health offering at the headspace satellite, and collaborate in care teams as necessary
- To make supported referrals to meet young people’s needs.
Part-time 7.6 hours per week
(Potential option to combine with another headspace Ocean Grove role)
Fixed term position to June 2023
Salary as per applicable agreement including super and salary packaging
To view the Position Description, please access via www.bch.org.au/work/careers
Would you love to…
Work on the beautiful Bellarine Peninsula?
Utilise your skills in a meaningful way and develop new skills?
Join a multi-disciplinary team working in an interesting role?
Make a positive contribution working in mental health?
This headspace Ocean Grove role could be your dream position and is an exciting opportunity for you to work with young people, alongside a great team and make a difference.
We are seeking applicants who meet the following:
- Formal qualifications in AOD (certificate, diploma or tertiary level). Or demonstrated substantial experience in the AOD sector
- Demonstrated experience working with young people with AOD issues, including dual diagnosis
- Demonstrated experience conducting assessment, risk management and treatment planning, service delivery and evaluation related to AOD
- Demonstrated experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment,
- coordinating young peoples care
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a diverse range of people
- Demonstrated demand management skills
- The ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
Applicants must address each of the above Key Selection Criteria and provide a current Résumé to be considered.
Applications to be submitted by email at [email protected]
Successful applicants will be required to provide a current Working with Children Check and undergo a National Police Check prior to commencement.
Applications close 14th May 2021 @ 5pm
For more information about the position please contact:
Tanya Fitzpatrick 52530400
Youth Health and Wellbeing Manager
Operations Lead - headspace Ocean Grove
Alcohol and Other Drugs Clinician PD