The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is an eight week program to assist people who have suffered a heart attack, heart surgery or chest pain.
The weekly education, exercise and support program is developed on the Heart Foundation guidelines and is facilitated by qualified Community Health Nurses. The program is run from our Portarlington and Point Lonsdale sites.
Through the program you will:
- Learn how to manage your heart health into the future
- Set goals about improving your heart health and learn how to achieve these goals in a supportive environment
- Meet people who have had similar experiences and share your stories
- Explore the psychological and emotional aspects related to cardiac events in a caring environment
- Learn new skills around stress management, healthy eating, healthy lifestyles
- Understand more about medication management.
You can request a referral to the program from your doctor or specialist. Patients treated for acute cardiac events will be automatically referred by their hospital.